Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wex Entry #2- Bird Cage

The little creature was a brick of ice. It made no movement or noise. I didn't know if this was real. This creature was a still portrait in a museum, all you could do was stare at it trying to soak in the message. It was dead. All I remember was the rattling of metal and the disturbed tweets that cried out. Then suddenly, claws that were knives lashed out and struck the poor little thing. That tiny bird, a yellow canary that I oh so desperately tried to protect was now a dead stone. I remember it's last cry..." I did, I did see a putty cat!" That horrible claw that struck was like an old movie, completely black and white.
I failed. My only purpose was shattered. I, a simple bird cage couldn't save the old women's little yellow bird. My bars were icicles. Those sweet yellow feathers that were thin lemon skins, were now covered with a strawberry puree

No comments: