Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wex Entry #3- Maximum Ride

[The prompt was to include the cliche "burn the midnight oil". Take note that I based this writing of my favorite book, Maximum Ride. I used what remembered from the book and wrote everything how I interpreted a scene from the book (From the Character Max's point of view) in my own words]

My legs burned and tried to drop anchors, but my hearts need for escape was stronger. My little sister was captured and I had to save her if was the last thing I'd do.
Finally I saw a cryptic, crumbling cliff. "Perfect" I thought to myself. I leaped with all my force and might off the dark cliff into the darker night. The fabric of my close stretched on my back, and tried to resist, but I won the night. My 15 foot wing span broke through my back and I soared through the sky exhilarated.

A smile of victory and achievement filled my face and I chanted to the stars. Four other dark figures met up with me. The rest of my family, Fang, Iggy, Nudge and Gazzy. We were ready to burn the midnight oil to find our beloved sister, Angel who was kidnapped by scientist, or as we call them "the white coats".

Fang, my brother, soared up to me as graceful as a hawk. He was quieter than the night.
"Where do you think the white coats took her?" He asked so silently, that just a regular human ear would just think it was a breeze passing by.
"Death Valley. Where the School is. That would be the only possible place she wold be." I responded. He nodded his head and dove slightly toward the ground, still keeping air.

We are the flock, 2% avian, and 98% human hybrids. We were being chased by Erasers, wolf and human hybrids.

READ MAXIMUM RIDE!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Austin said...

I really liked the way you accented your sentence with the alliteration, "cryptic crumbling cliff" and how you fit " tried to drop anchors", which is both a unique and very very descriptive simile. GOod job ^^


Maximum ride was awesome!!!

until it failed